Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
The wiring that goes to the radio? Thought Coppertop drew a diagram for that a while back. He's not around too often.

·
Registered
64 Posts
There should be a Yellow wire (12V Acc) and a Black wire (Ground), both 20 gage, that will supply power to the radio. The gray wire that was a dimmer for the radio light came outin "70" I belive. Black (-)and Lt Green (+) are the front speaker wires. If your car has the RPO U80 optional rear speaker there will be a jumper cable from the Lt Grn (+) wire. The Dk Blue(+) goes to the rear speaker and the Green (I think the jumper green had a white stripe) goes to the front.

·
Premium Member
4,478 Posts
krum1969396,

I thought I drew you the plug/spade configuration last year and the radio was a no-go ?

Anyway, hold tight, I'll have to redraw it, scan and upload as I did a lot of file cleaning this winter and the .jpg I had is no more.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks John, thanks Coppertop. You guys are a great help. Also need help figuring out the rear fader switch and wiring. What goes where.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Im not sure how many wires you have on the fader switch but this should help. Yellow&Brown and Lt,Dk Blue are the Rears, Lt,Dk Green and Tan&Gray are the Fronts , G.M. uses Light colours for Positive (+) in the front and Darks for Positive (+) in the rear. Again the Grounds (-) may be common to the chassis in "69".
Yellow = Left Rear
Blue = Right Rear
If you need more help my "69" has a four speaker setup.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts