Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After finding out today that Joe Hubka doesn't rebuild radios anymore, does anyone have any suggestions where I can send my AM 8-track for rebuild? Thanks

------------------
Doug
1971 Chevelle SS454/LS5/M22
My 71SS
A.C.E.S. # 4141

·
Gold Founding Member
1970 Chevelle Convertible & 1965 Chevelle SS Convertible
1,284 Posts
Doug,

There is also Elliots in PA, haven't used him for radios but here he is good. I have purchased a stero wiring harness and re-coned speakers from him, excellent work on those. I just sent him my front ones to be re-coned.

(610) 495-6360.

Also pick up a copy of Hemmings, there are lots of radio restorers in there.

Rich

------------------
70 SS - L34
Member # 442
www.chevelles.com/showroom/richr1

http://www.my70ss.com

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Try Fred Cranshaw at antiquecarradio.com he took my AM radio and gutted it and replaced the insides with a new digital AC Delco AM/FM stereo with station presets while maintaining the original look. Works great and looks original. He actually talked me out of rebuilding my factory 8 track which was why I contacted him to begin with. His reasoning is any 20 year old 8 track tapes you may have laying around won't play without breaking, so I spent the money on a CD player for the trunk instead.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Do a search on the internet. You will find hundreds of 8-track tapes. Some new and unopened. I just finished restoring a 71 Am/8-track stereo that I am going to sell. Everything works as it should. Listened to Beatles and Jackson Brown for an hour, no waver in the speed. Might be interested in trading them out. email me ([email protected])

------------------
Steve Strasemeier (70SS 396, Fathom Blue/White Stripes)
My 70SS

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info guys! I see your point Daytona Jeff. L8R

------------------
Doug
1971 Chevelle SS454/LS5/M22
My 71SS
A.C.E.S. # 4141

1 - 6 of 6 Posts