Chevelles.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone cut the knob holes from my dash. Does anyone have any experience repairing these? Is it reasonable to think I can Dremmel the knob holes off of a donor dash and epoxy them to my dash? Any help would be appreciated. Eric

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Eric,

I recall seeing a repair kit offered for this... Don't recall where if it was a magazine or TV show. Maybe someone else will recall. In the meantime check with our sponsor Ground Up or some of the other suppliers. What I recall is that the repair kit comes with the "Cone" shaped holes to replace the cut or damadged ones. Maybe in an issue of Chevelle World???

·
Premium Member
9,801 Posts
I saw that written up in a magazine a year or two ago. I get only Car Craft and Chevy High Performance. That should narrow your search a bit.

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
Eric,
I have the same problem,I'm trying to restore the dash on my '70 SS. I dug out my oct.98 issue of THE CHEVELLE REPORT which had an article on dash repair.The place making the "radio standoffs" was called DOCTOR DASH and was from the state of Mass.I have tried both the webb site and phone number listed in the article and neither were still in service.If any one can help with info,it will be greatly appreciated.Thanks
Troy

·
Registered
540 Posts
Did anyone locate the repair kit? I turned this thread up during a search, and i need to repair my dash too! Thanks
Steve

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
i just replaced an entire dash in my '72 mostly because the radio holes had been destroyed. i was just telling some guys at work that if anyone ever came up with a repair kit for this area and sold it on the internet they would become rich. this has to be the most frequently molested area of any classic car. i thought about gluing in some "cups" to replace the original radio knob recesses but decided my main man at hughey auto ranch in south carolina deserves to make a living to so i just bought a used but unmolested dash from him. however, if someone were industrious enough i bet they could come up wit a fix for these.

·
Registered
86 Posts
See my reply in Chevelle Tech 2004, AM radio face plate topic, for how I solved the problem. This was cheap and looks pretty darn good if you don't have the budget for a new dash.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts