Chevelles.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kinda weird-
With the car running, i get a buzzing sound through the speakers, weather the radio is on or not. With the car off, the radio sounds like crap (sounds good when its running)

The buzzing sound does not change with RPM.

Any ideas?? Does this sound like a grounding problem, or a problem with the radio itself?

It is an Alpine CD player, couple years old(no idea exactly)

The deck also has a problem(can't reproduce regularly) where you just can't hear it some times. Radio or CD will be playing, you can verify with the display- but no sound, no matter what you do. Then later- it will work again, no problem.

Any ideas? I want to get a new deck anyway so i can upgrade to an MP3 player, but i thought i'd get ideas how to fix the existing problem first.

Thanks-
Ben

------------------
Ben Rambow
1970 El Camino SS
1968 Olds Delmont 88 Convertible (For Sale)
The El Camino Classics Club
"Whats the matter with the car I'm Driving? Can't ya tell that its out of style..."

·
Premium Member
4,477 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AHSOM70:
Kinda weird-
With the car running, i get a buzzing sound through the speakers, weather the radio is on or not. With the car off, the radio sounds like crap (sounds good when its running)

The buzzing sound does not change with RPM.

Any ideas?? Does this sound like a grounding problem, or a problem with the radio itself?

It is an Alpine CD player, couple years old(no idea exactly)

The deck also has a problem(can't reproduce regularly) where you just can't hear it some times. Radio or CD will be playing, you can verify with the display- but no sound, no matter what you do. Then later- it will work again, no problem.

Any ideas? I want to get a new deck anyway so i can upgrade to an MP3 player, but i thought i'd get ideas how to fix the existing problem first.

Thanks-
Ben

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ummm, with those symptoms I think it's time for a new deck regardless...

I can understand the idea of fixing a potential problem before adding more (always a good idea) but if the thing sounds like crap with the engine off and the CD works when it wants yeah, time for an upgrade.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts