Chevelles.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a question about my other car, (daily driver). I was driving home at night and I noticed that the radio buttons were abnormally hot (they actually burned my fingers), then I touched the air conditoning control switch (blue on one side/red on the other) and it too was very hot to the touch. It is a 1994 car. What could be happening?

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
I don’t have a great answer. Maybe someone else does. Thinking about it for a little bit I find it a little strange that 2 different items are behaving this way at the same time. I’ve had adjustable dimmer switches that have gotten real warm before but nothing else was acting this way at the same time.
I assume the radio still worked. If it was a radio problem, it should have popped a fuse before it got hot.
You mentioned this occurred at night. Does it behave the same way during the day? Guessing it might have something to do with lighting but even that doesn’t really make sense. Maybe something off the heater?

·
Premium Member
1967 Chevelle Wagon
311 Posts
It's a normal condition. They have halogen bulbs.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually it was not a normal condition, and I got it fixed. The electrician found wires that were grounding because they were corroded.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts