Chevelles.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I presently have the original AM/FM radio in my '69 Chevelle. I want to get a whole new system and am wondering where the best place to put my radio is. I know that many people put theirs in the glovebox. Isn't this rather hard to get to? Cutting my dash isn't an option. So far I haven't heard of anyone putting a radio in the console. Would this work? Has anyone done this?
Thanks,
Kris

·
Registered
658 Posts
Have you heard of Custom Autosound. They make radios for muscle cars and classic cars that do not require any modifications to your dash they make several different models with cassette players and 24 FM settings and 12 AM settings, they also have an optional disc changer available that mounts in your trunk and is controlled by the radio. Prices are around $159.95 all the way up to $569.95. I have one of their radios in my 72 chevelle and I like it very much, I'm also using two 6x9 pioneer 220 watt speakers and they are able to drown out the sound of my Flowmasters.

C

·
0 Posts
Recommend you keep your original radio where it is and add a modern "hidden" radio/cd system. There are several types that typically you can mount in the trunk, glove box or even under the seat. You then control them by using an RF or IR remote. Check out any auto audio store or web site and look for hidden or remote systems.

------------------
COL E

1 - 3 of 3 Posts