Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking for a radiator to fit my 230 engine, what sizes will fit in my 66, from what years, ect. i have been looking everywhere, please help!!!
Trish

·
Registered
104 Posts
Trish, check with your local radiator shop, but I believe that any 64-67 A body car ie: chevy,pontaic buick or olds, should work. Hope this helps Gene.........

·
Premium Member
8,074 Posts
I picked up a Modine rad for my '67 250 six. It must have taken me all of a few minutes to install. Yes, the downflow radiator is basically the same for the '64 through '67, at 23" wide (small block rads were 25" I believe). I can't remember offhand if the 230/Powerglide before '67 used the external tranny coolant lines at the bottom of the rad or not (just look for'em); it was an option on the '66 194 (something like only 28 were ordered). My 250/Powerglide uses the external lines. Be very carefull to put the tranny lines into the proper holes because there is sometimes a drain fitting for a petcock adjacent to the trans coolant holes. You will waste your tranny in short order if you get it wrong. If the metal finger guard on your top tank is salvageable you might want to drill out the spot welds & tack it onto the new top tank; the finger guard is not available new or reproduction. You might also consider having a radiator shop recore your existing rad. That way you'll be sure to keep the stock look, and you might have them add an extra row of fins while they're at it. BTW, I believe the U.S. 6-cyl. cars had the filler offset to one side, whereas my original Canadian car came with the neck centered like the V8s.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.