Chevelles.com banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,592 Posts
Too bad about your local track. Has to be frustrating....

The slicks are definitely more forgiving, the radials are faster and drive better. I'm staying with them for now. Best is a 1.31 leaving at 3,600. I think it went 1.32 with a slick and 4,800 on the 2-Step. I'd really like to know what the radials would do leaving like that. Maybe I'll get it done and I have a plan for the next trip.
Yep, radials are like an on/off switch. The pbr seemed to like 18 ish but that is also 3800lbs. Best with the slick (stiff wall) was a 1.306
All of 2019 was a waste at our track so now it's looking like 2020 has been for aesthetic's. lol
If we ever return to normalcy in any sense I plan to have some fun for a while with the smaller piece. I really do like the way your car is performing. There's a 70 in there.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Update. Plugs took care of it. Drivers tire moved about 2", Passenger about 1". Appreciate the help.

Still spun in the air I believe with the 2-Step at 3,800. I am going to try slowing the front and rear down.

3,600-1.33/5.68 117+. Felt clean.
https://youtu.be/SO3SFojr_AM

Wait,,,did you just pass up the .70's mile marker?

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Wait,,,did you just pass up the .70's mile marker?
No apparently I'm lexdysic and rolled the numbers. 5.86.... 5.7 might happen if I can get the suspension happy. Don't think the current setup has a 60... :laugh:

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Did some more testing. Left at 3,500, 3,600 and 3,700. It did not take 3,700. Shocks on the rear were fairly tight on compression and rebound. Air was 2,300-1,700. I'm going back to do some more testing on a full prep day. We'll see If I can go 1.2x and...

Might loosen the front compression and take some bounce out of it too.

I shifted early on this pass. Should have been a little higher MPH and maybe a number or two better.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Man that Chevelle is hauling the freight. I put a burr finish on my wheels when I went to radial slicks and the tire does not move at all, same finish I do on my intake manifolds.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts