Chevelles.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!
I am a 16 year old HS student that works nights and summers to fund my projects. I have a 68' Camaro that I restored and now I am planning a 69 Chevelle for the strip. Okay enough introduction....

I want to make the car look like one of the early 70's musclecar drag terrors.
This means some Racemaster slicks and cragar rims, a mean stance and a unique interior.
I am going to have the old stainless panel where the radio should be full of stewart warner gauges and a nice Hurst shifter. The seats are what have me guessing. I want a nice set of black racing seats. I am looking for the drag style with a slightly high back and the old style look to them. I do not know where to look for the style I am looking for.
I would like something with a nice Two-Lane Blacktop feel to them.
Summit and Jegs racing seats look okay, but I don't know if they are kind of cheap and look plastic.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
740 Posts
I have corbau seats in my car, they were a bit pricey but they sure to feel nice. Pics in my sig.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking something more like a 70-72 Challenger seat with the high back.....
I want it to be leather or vinyl, too.
Are there any aftermarket seats like this?

·
Registered
740 Posts
You could check out recarro (spelling?) and corbeu. I bought corbeu's because they made brackets to bolt directly to my car. They fit to the car great but they didn't fit to there own seats without drilling out there holes a bit.

Still very nice.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like Novas. You are a winner in my book
Brian G.
Thanks for the help guys!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts