Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While a few of you were nailing sub 10 second runs in Bremerton, I got the urge to go racing in Victoria on Sunday.
Here's a few random photo's of the day.
Car ran great. Ran a best ever of a 5.025 at 78.99 mph.
Prior best there was a 5.29 at about 75 mph.

Boiling the hides...

Chevy vs. Mopar showdown...

Broke out with a 5.035 on a 5.04 dial in :(...

Lining up against chopped '55...

Some time-only fun time...

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
Great pics John, just got to get that twisting thing figured out and both tires will be hanging:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
Excellent, twisted Sister!
Love that torque thang - sounds like it works for you.

That's a great old fire truck in the back.
Great shots, kudos to the photographer.

Dan

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the good words. :)

I invited my friend Steve to come to the track and go for a couple passes with me. He is my buddy from Lordco Parts who did all the wiring of my MSD box for me in the 11th hour to help me get to Pinks All Out. He is also an awesome photographer, and his wife took a bunch of photos, also.:thumbsup:

We made it a family day at the track, as he, his wife, mom and dad all came. Mom and Dad are old time car folks, as his Dad, Rob, used to race at Mission in the late '60s with his big block Fairlane. He hadn't raced at a track in over 30 years.

We fixed that for him, alright. :yes:

The e.t. and mph is based on the track. It is 384', and is the front stretch of a circle track. A 1/4 mile it's not, but it's still fun dragracing just the same.

My awesome buddy Steve...

His dad, Rob, getting ready for his shotgun pass...

This is cool. His mom came out for a pass, too.
She got to run the quickest two-rider time of 5.14.
It was the run against the black IROC Camaro...:D

Here's another shot of the firetruck for Dan...

·
Premium Member
9,532 Posts
Yep you'll be needing the ARB for sure. Just have to figure out how to get it back across the boarder for free.

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
Great pics, but you need some longer race pants...lol :)

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
Yep you'll be needing the ARB for sure. Just have to figure out how to get it back across the boarder for free.
There is no duty on automotive parts manufactured in the U.S. either Mike so even if John bought more stuff and brought it back in the back of his truck, he would be fine. They do have to be clearly labeled that they were made in the U.S.A. though.

Cool pictures John! Like you mentioned you need to do something about thaat twist before it becomes permanent! One of these days you are going to pull into the pits and that left wheel will still gunna be off the ground

·
Premium Member
11,205 Posts
you neeeeeed a video of you smashin' on the mopar so i can email it out to the excessive number of strictly mopar fans we have here in our machine shop! :p
That is the coolest idea I've seen posted this week!:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,930 Posts
you neeeeeed a video of you smashin' on the mopar so i can email it out to the excessive number of strictly mopar fans we have here in our machine shop! :p
That is the coolest idea I've seen posted this week!:thumbsup:
Haters. I sure wish people would identify the make and model of the Chrysler Corporation products(Chrysler, Plymouth, Dodge, DeSoto) instead of using that word. As far as I know, MOPAR never made any cars....just parts. The term itself is a misnomer since "Motor Parts" does not describe internal combustion engine parts....it describes electrical motor parts, just as an engine is not a motor. Another example, Ford Motorcraft....sounds to me like they make electrical motor stuff, not engine parts. The Chrysler Corporation "MOPAR" division would have been better served being called Chrysler Performance.....apparently nobody cared at that time.

Cool video John, looked like a late 60s Dodge Dart you were lined up against.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts