Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,068 Posts
Gene. I love your charm. Reminds me of pops.

Ed has set some priorites I'm sure.

I wish him the best and hope that he and his are well.

As soon as I heard the news, I thought quickly of all my TC friends "up there". Hoping you are all well.

------------------
71' 3880# with me. Big Block 402, Merlin oval heads, 10.2:1CR, TH400, 3.73 posi,
1/8th: 8.2 @ 86.8mph
1/4: 12.7 @ 107.8mph (1.93 sixty foot)
--have pulled a 1.85 sixty foot (before street tires or course).
Picture of me roasting the tires and other guy stuff
Video of me staging (smoke of course)

·
Registered
421 Posts
... It's been a rough day. I'm alive and well and about 2 hours north of NYC however we must never forget those who gave.

What are the words to the Fireman's Prayer?

When I am called to duty, God, whenever flames may rage;
Give me strength to save some life, whatever be its age.
Help me embrace a little child before it is too late
Or save an older person from the horror of that fate.
Enable me to be alert and hear the weakest shout,
And quickly and efficiently to put the fire out.
I want to fill my calling and to give the best in me,
To guard my every neighbor and protect his property.
And if, according to my fate, I am to lose my life;
Please bless with your protecting hand my children and my wife.
Author Unknown

What are the words to the Fireman's Wife's Prayer?

The table's set, the meal's prepared, our guests will soon arrive.
My husband once more disappears with a hope of keeping a child alive.
While waiting at home alone, our plans having gone awry
My first impulse is merely to sit right down and cry.
But soon again I realize the importance of my life
When I agreed to take on the duties of being a fireman's wife.
While there are many drawbacks, I'll take them in my stride,
Knowing "My Daddy saved a life" our children can say with pride.
The gusting winds and raging flames may be his final fate.
But with God's help I can remain my fireman's faithful mate.
Author Unknown

------------------
Francis Taracido Gold# 201
[email protected]
History shows again and again how nature points out the folly of man.
Oh No! You Know She's Got To Go!
Go Go Quadzilla! <oo=+=oo>

·
Registered
277 Posts
I don't care what our differences have been in the past. I know that NYC and DC are in total chaous. But please...All of you guy's who live and work in these area's. As soon as time permit's let us all know that your OK.

------------------
Don Edmonds
T.C.Member 1033
1969 Chevelle 10:78 @ 123mph so far
N/A 3750lbs.
BES Powered
2002 Harley FXDWG3 www.bottlerats69.homestead.com

[This message has been edited by bottlerat (edited 09-12-2001).]

G

·
Checking in, our office in DC sets maybe a 1 1/2 miles from the Pentagon. We had F-16s and the flying command post scramble from Andrews, my building in Maryland is directly in the flight path for AAFB. First time I ever heard jets break the sound barrier at low altitiude was yesterday. Made me feel good to see those guys on the job!

I have Ed's number and I called this morning and left him a message to call me. If he does I will let you guys know.

·
Banned
269 Posts
Gene, as you know by now, I'm ok as well as my dad who works just a few blocks from the WTC. Like many New Yorkers who have family and friends that live and work in lower Manhattan, yesterday was a tense time with communications all but cut to the rest of the world.

For some time there we didn't know his fate. Finally about 8 hours after these acts of terrorism started to unfold we heard from him.

I'd like to thank you and the other TC'ers who expressed concern for myself in this and other posts as well as all our other New York TC'ers.

I finally reached home last night at about 11:45.

I like all commuters were locked down in NYC. All I and most in my situation could do was sit, watch and wait.

For those that don't know, I currently work at JFK International Airport for one of the leading Construction Companies in the nation.

I like many New Yorkers was going about my normal daily business and had just begun a scheduled project meeting when the news came in.

Like the rest of New York and the world, we all thought at first this was a terrible accident, only to see minutes later a second plane deliberately hit tower 2.

It then became immediately clear we were under attack.

The City of New York, together with the Port of Authority, FAA and federal government acted quickly and locked down the city within minutes and I applaud them for their quick response.

One of my subcontractors was immediately on the phone with his brother-in-law who worked on one of the upper floors. He had confirmed he was ok and called his sister who was obviously frantic.

I can't help but wonder his fate.

We have all seen the footage and followed the reports for about 24 hours now and rightly so America wants swift justice and revenge.

For those like myself who travel to and from NYC everyday and see the Twin Towers not only as part of New York's skyline or an engineering marvel but as a symbol of Capitalism and Democracy, to now look toward the southern tip of Manhattan and see them no longer is something we all will never quite comprehend.

By no means do I mean to overshadow the events at the Pentagon and the great loss of life there as well.

I can't explain the feeling I got when I left the airport yesterday and looked in that direction and saw nothing but miles of smoke fill the sky.

For those that have never been to New York or seen the WTC, you can't imagine the enormity of these structures, the number of people who work there and just how unbelievable it is to think about what it would take to bring them down.

As others have said both here at TC and in the media, this is a tragedy like we have never seen in this country. Most of us here are too young to have felt the impact of Pearl Harbor but know the events just the same.

Like Pearl Harbor this attack will change the world forever and change the America we knew just 24 hours ago.

As the days, weeks and months ahead unfold we will see just how many lives have been effected by these acts of war.

I like many others have friends, family and colleagues that work not only in the area but in the 3 buildings(tower 1 & 2 and 7 World trade center) that no longer stand. Not to forget the surrounding smaller buildings that also came down.

The death toll will likely be in the 10's of thousands. The enormity of this situation as yet to be felt.

America's resolve we be tested.

Our innocence as a nation is gone forever.

Make no mistake about it, the retaliation will be nothing short of a declaration of WAR. The American people demand it.

But let's not forget that even if the master mind behind these acts is the obvious suspect, he and his associates are harbored and financed by 1 or more nations.

America has to respond immediately and decisively.

Yesterday's events effect not only America but the world and so will the aftermath.

If Democracy, Capitalism and the American way of life is to continue as we know it, then I believe just as these events are unlike anything we have seen in this country so will the response be.

However, I fear things will get worse before they get better.

------------------
racer's '68

[email protected] n/a
1.40 60 foot
3900 lbs.
BSE Power

[This message has been edited by racer1320 (edited 09-12-2001).]

·
Premium Member
7,278 Posts
I say we build the towers back as soon as possible...and build them back TALLER than before. And then set the perpetrators on fire and throw them off the roof, one by one.

------------------
Mike Newby

69 Chevelle 355/TH200-4R
97 Grand Prix GTP
64 Chevy C10 Pickup
79 Suzuki GS550

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Ed,
Found your post.
I agree 100%.
I too fear it is not over. This country must
make an impression now, if it does anything.
The only defense a free nation has is unmistakable, and unmerciful punishment. There must be a deterrent to future terrorisst acts else we are doomed to recieve more.
Glad you and yours is ok.

Dave

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Ed I am glad to see you are ok. It must of really sucked not knowing about your father for that long. I would really hate to see anything happen to you there are no other worthy opponents on this site it would get real boring.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I am glad to hear that everyone is doing ok. I feel so sorry for all the families that are not so lucky. I know several radio stations here in CA are running this all day (no music) keeping us updated on the current and breaking news. I hope that everyone gets threw this and our prayers are with you in the East. We are also fearing an attach on the west coast. I know we are all trying to donate blood and money to help others in need. It kills me inside to hear how many of our fellow country men/woman have been killed by a some cowardly terrorist. I hope we find the poeple that are responsable, and I am gald to see fellow TC'ers dropping there differneces to ensure that they are ok. Again I can't say how much this site is like a family.

We are all praying for everyones safety, and hearts are with you..

Thanks
Dave

------------------
383 SBC 69 Chevelle 410HP/500Ft.lbs
Citrus Heights, CA
Team Chevelle Member #1070
http://www.x86Racing.com (Daves Pics)

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I,too, am glad to hear from those in NYC. Having had a brother in 'Nam, I can only agree that it's the "not knowing" that is the worst part; that there are people you care about in the middle of all that, with no word available.

My hopes are that many (MANY!) more will be found alive amid the ruin...

------------------
Cecil Hawkins
San Diego, CA
1971 GMC Sprint
The Project
All I need is time...and some $$$
"Tourist, go home! And take someone with you!"

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ed, damn glad to hear from you. Glad to hear your dad's OK.

I used to work in Tower 1 55th floor for the Port Authority. Cant even fathom this deal.

Tuff war because we're chasing shadows. But even shadows leave spoor. They'll find em and bring them back for their just due.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Ed, your post contained excellent insight from a perspective of one who was there. I feel for you and your people in the area. I certainly hope that all works out in a swift and decisive manner from all points. I work in Seattle and the Bank of America tower that I spent 6 months doing T/I work in was evacuated. My time was spent on the 67th of 76 floors. I cant fathom the scope, all I know is that my stomach still turns and my sleep is not the same when I think of New Yorks pain and anguish, not to mention the rest of the world. I am one of the many that is hoping the price will be paid in a swift fashion on behalf of those who died and those who died trying. We care out here in the West, and I hope all goes well Ed.
Don Power

·
Gold Founding Member
462 Posts
Sorry hit the wrong key in the post above.What I wanted to note is how the people of New York acted. There was no panic,which maybe saved a lot of lives getting out of the towers,just people helping people.We are all with you guys.
Just heard on tv as i was posting this that now the body count will go over 30,000.PAY BACK WILL BE HELL!

------------------
CFR.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.