Team Chevelle banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will I have to cut out for the shifter befor I can install the tranny with the shifter already installed?

I have it on the jack and getting ready to stab it in first look seems like it will need to be cut out or atleast a little needs removed

G

·
Will I have to cut out for the shifter befor I can install the tranny with the shifter already installed?

I have it on the jack and getting ready to stab it in first look seems like it will need to be cut out or atleast a little needs removed
Yep, some kind of hole will need to be there, part of the shifter is above the floor.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what I thought, Check this photo out! I just removed the carpet so I could cut the floor and repair the rusted out places of the floor when I was tearing out the tar paper type stuff I noticed that on the hump it had a perforated line cut into the tar paper and that makes me wonder if this would be the area that needs to be cut out, Kinda like a template. Anybody know if this is true?
The small square seems to be too centered and the larger square looks to big

G

·
Thats what I thought, Check this photo out! I just removed the carpet so I could cut the floor and repair the rusted out places of the floor when I was tearing out the tar paper type stuff I noticed that on the hump it had a perforated line cut into the tar paper and that makes me wonder if this would be the area that needs to be cut out, Kinda like a template. Anybody know if this is true?
The small square seems to be too centered and the larger square looks to big
Could be. My car was a auto to stick but it's a 67 and I was going no console. So the floor for for a non console car is different. If you are replacing the floor, buy the one for a 4 speed car if they sell it. I bought the hump add on for my car and that gave me the location for the shifter.

I sure glad my car has all it's original sheet metal, made it a lot easier:yes::yes::yes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts