Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to pull the distributor out of a buddy's '65 442 (425 engine) I took of the distributor clamp and disconnected everything else, I can't seem to get it to come out, at least not as easily as my sbc was. Is there any trick to this? Olds should pop out the same way shouldn't it?

Thanks!

------------------
1971 Chevelle Malibu - 406 sbc TH350

Pictures of my '71 before I got it home
Pics of my '71 after I got it home
Picture of my 406 c.i. small block
Pictures of the frame, firewall and interior (in progress)
NEW UPDATED PICTURES (1/04/01)

ENGINE INSTALL PICS!!!

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
421 Posts
I found that most distributers slide right out when you pull stright up. I watched a buddy bust one of the little buddies becasue e was trying to lever it out instead of straight up.

Some cars have it wedged back in there so tight that when you romp on it you might actually bump the timing out

Good work Adam, now lets get your's on the road.

------------------
Francis Taracido Gold# 201
[email protected]
History shows again and again how nature points out the folly of man.
Oh No! You Know She's Got To Go!
Go Go Quadzilla! <oo=+=oo>

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I have found that Oldsmobile distributors tend to seize. This is one engine you want to rotate the distributor once in a while. The last one I had to take the engine out, remove the oil pump, and drive it out with a punch. I had to. The timing was 20 degrees off, and it was a car I had just bought.I even tried to heat it up with a torch before pulling the engine and it would not come. I was not happy. Oh well, it gave me a reason to detail the engine out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.