Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone enlighten me on the removal of a 70-72 Malibu dash? Im working on a 72 with AC and want to remove the whole sha-bang. Bolt locations and any good tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

------------------
Bob (Pa.)

1963 Impala 283
1966 Chevelle SS 409
1969 Malibu 307
1972 Malibu 307
1969 Chevy stepside 350

Bob's 409 Chevy Page

silverstone.fortunecity.com/tvr/246/bob_s_409_chevy_page_index.html

·
Premium Member
6,968 Posts
I can't recall enough about it to write a procedure here. However, there was one element that stood out in my mind. Remove the steering column. There is a bolt directly above the steering column that appears to do the majority of the holding.

There were also 2 bolts on each end holding the dash up.

One other thing. For reassembly, I got a couple of long pieces of all-thread to use on the outboard bolt holes to hold the dash up, but not in place.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
The factory service manual details the procedure very well. You should have second set of hands when installing and even dismantling. Its heavy and awkward when it free. Might even be easier with the seat(s) out, the 2 I removed from he junk yards had no seats and it was easier to work. I had some of those heavy movers blankets and laid them on floor to cushions things.

Been there done this, 4 times out (parting cars) and 1 time installed. Out is easy, back in is a pain in the ....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.