Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do all '71 ss chevelles have the same interior. Did the ss package always include Tach/gauge package and bucket seats, or was this an option within the ss arena? I have seen an ss recently with a bench seat and regular dash with shifter on the colum. Is it true you can only tell a true ss by the engine code/serial number. I aprreciate any answers.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
for the later years, such as the 71's, the VIN doesn't tell you if it was an SS. After 69(?), the SS package was a trim option, not a specific model.

for more info, you should go read the articles in the tech Reference area of this site. There's a ton of useful stuff there which may be what you're looking for.

Kurt

------------------
The 68 Chevelle info page. [last updated Nov. 30, 98]
www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/6873/Chevelle/68_Chevelle_Info.html
Email: [email protected]
A.C.E.S. #1352

·
Registered
225 Posts
Dennis,

All SS cars had the round gauges - tachometers were an option. NO SS cars had the sweep style speedometer. Bucket seats were standard on all cars including the SS, but buckets were a popular option. '68 was the last year to ID an SS by the serial number. If the car has the original engine you may be able to verify that it was a legitimate SS if the engine was only offered in SS models (such as the 454). I hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.