Chevelles.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 70 SS, needs to have a total wiring job! I have looked in Ausely's catalog. They sell a wiring diagram book, will this get me through the job? I am planning on buying new harnesses, kinda pricey any tips would be great

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Look in the catalog for the Assembly Manual. May be around $18.00 while the schematic is around $6.00. The manual has the schematic along with wire layouts and lots of other stuff. Unless you are budgeting the bucks real close, the manual is a better buy.

·
Registered
95 Posts
As a footnote.. I found all of my manuals on eBay. Assembly manual, wiring manual, owners manual and chassis/shop manual (i think.. they are still in the mail) but they were cheap!

·
Registered
948 Posts
I just checked the official 1970 Chassis Service Manual and the schematics only show the lights, no gauges, for the Chevelle. The next page was for Monte/Chevelle SS and also showed the lights, no gauges, but in a more confusing manner.

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts
You might look at the Corvette diagrams. I think all of the Corvettes had gauges, and the wiring should be close to the same. I hope I'm right 'cause I'm going to wire the gauges in my 68 like the 'Vette.

BL

·
Registered
948 Posts
For some reason the 1970 Chassis Service Manual covers Chevrolet, Chevelle, Monte Carlo, Nova, and 1969 Corvette.

The Vette diagram shows wiring for an ammeter, water temp, fuel, tach and speedo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts