Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to purchase these 2 items to complete my engine.

Someone recommended the JW flexplate, and Weiand pump.
What do you guys think?

Also, I would like to get the March serpentine puley kit for the BB, which works with short water pump only. Anything else I would need to consider to get the March set to work with the water pump?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok guys, someone has GOT to have input on either, or both of these items.

Let me have it!

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
March has a serpentine system for long water pump and air........

"March #23070 sounds like exactly what you are looking for.

Randy"

------------------
Redrum (or Mike)
68 Corvette - 383 CI 427 HP
69 SS Chevelle being updated to Pro-Touring
97 Z-28

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is interesting because the e-mail that I received from March said, and I quote

"March can only help with short water pump."

I guess I need to call them!

·
Registered
361 Posts
You need to call March! I know on the small block, they have a set of pulleys that work with the long pump, but it actually isn't a true serpentine system, it takes two belts, and to switch to the single belt system you need a short water pump. I would assume that they only have a single belt system for the Big blocks, which if I had to do over I would have gotten the single belt system for the Small Block. You will also need to make sure that the March system places all the Accesories where you want them. The Double belt SB system places the Alternator on the passenger side and the AC Compressor on the Driver side. You may also be surprised by the cost of these systems, mine was $800 but the SB Single belt system was $1200, I would assume the BB system would be similar. It does look nice though, and very few people at the local car shows go to this kind of expense. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
19,960 Posts
Since you don't mention what year car or what year engine...March makes "what they call a serpentine" kit but is actually a two ribbed belt kit for a long water pump. I have a 69 engine w/long pump in my 67 and went the March route. I only have alternator and power steering so your situation may be different. I documented the installation at http://www.dalesplace.com/march/march_page_1.htm with a 23050 kit.

------------------
Dale McIntosh
TC Gold #92
ACES #1709
www.dalesplace.com
Restore it or customize it, but drive it and enjoy it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.