Team Chevelle banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys,does anyone have pics of what the correct/original HARRISON radiator looks like for my 1969 ss 396/325hp with man trans?

I am looking for picks of the correct coded tags,stamping on radiator tanks etc so when i go looking for an original radiator i know what i am looking at and get the right one.

I am hoping someone has pics of the optional 4 core H/Duty cooling optioned radiator but pics of the std 3 core will do too.

It would also be great if you could give me any info you have on the correct radiator codes,pt#'s etc for the 3 core & opt 4 core units so i know what i am looking for/at.

I have tons of info on my chevelle but i cant find much in the way of radiator info and i know one or a few of you guys will know this stuff off the top of your head.

Thanks....Scott

·
Registered
11,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
3 core was std equip for 69 396 & 4 core was opt hd for 325hp & 350hp 396's but i believe the 375hp came with 4 core & clutch fan as std equip but i am not 100% sure on that last one.

I have been searching 2 yrs on ebay & eslewhere for and original manual trans radiator with good tanks to have recored,have not found 1 yet.

I have seen mult auto trans units but none man trans.

scott

·
Registered
11,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ttt,I am also looking for where the date codes is and how to decode it along with whats correct for my 69 396/325hp car,is BE code poss correct for my car and if yes is that a 3 core radiator?

I have tons of gm/chevelle info and the there is squat on anything when it comes to radiators.

Scott

1 - 4 of 4 Posts