Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
clear something up for me. I always thought that all big blocks ('64-'72) were built at Tonawanda. But, if I recall correctly, Rick posted a reply a couple weeks ago regarding a few big blocks being built at another plant (Romulus, Michigan maybe?). So, naturally when I checked today's trivia, the question occured to me again. What do the experts have to say?

·
Registered
964 Posts
Nobody is an expert.Some just have absorbed more informaion.I will never claim to be an expert,nor should anyone else.There is just to much out there for one person to know it all.
With that said,yes there were other plants assembling big block engines back then.
Tonawanda-New York, and Flint-Michigan were the most well known.
Romulus-Michigan was not that well known,but yes they did make a few Big Blocks there.
I have seen three engines from there as well as an original stamping kit with the dead blow hammer they used.These Impala motors from 1969 I believe.

------------------
Rick Peters
ACES#175
1970 L-78...ON THE MOVE

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Rick. As for myself, I do consider many here as experts, since the information that flows around here can be mind-boggling. So, bottom line, how does this relate to Tom's trivia question. Is it one of those "Impalas aren't considered musclecars" deals (to me they are, but that's neither here nor there) so their engines don't fall into the context of the question?

------------------
Mark
1970 SS454 LS6 (nom)
-------------------------
"Fight Apathy - the disease no one cares about."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.