Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at using the 18 circuit Painless kit and I'm going to be changing all my gauges to AutoMeter. Do I still need to get the dash harness kit or does the 18 circuit kit come with it? Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I used a Painless 18-circuit kit with a '71 Nova I had. I also converted to all Autometer Gauges. I still had to use the Painless Universal Gauge harness to hook it all up. You might be able to hook everything up without it but I think it would be infinitely easier to just get the harness. It makes it mucho easy!! But that's my opinion for what it's worth!
Good luck!

·
Registered
197 Posts
which 18 circuit harness are you guys using? the gm a-body one or the universal one? the a body one says it has the printed circuit board which i wouldnt be needing if i switch to autometer guages. just wondering as i plan on ordering my harness soon.

Danny

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. I believe that the GM one will just plug in to the column sockets. Were as the universal one, you will need to track down the wires to the column.
Alright, I'm sold on getting the dash harness. Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts