Team Chevelle banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, New user here, so here I go. I'm restoring a 70 Chevelle and I'm in the process of replacing both quarters. The Body is off the chassis, should the quarters be replaced one at a time or does it matter if both are removed at the same time ? And is it best to replace them while the body is on the chassis at the time of replacing ? Mike

·
Premium Member
15,332 Posts
Welcome aboard Mike. You will get a much better response for your question by asking the technical questions in the proper forum. This forum is mainly for introductions and such. It also helps us keep the info organized for future reference. The Body-shop forum is where you should ask this question. You also could try the search function as I bet this question has been asked in there before. Good Luck :)

Body shop forum>> http://www.chevelles.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12

·
Premium Member
4,349 Posts
Welcome Mike,

Go up to the top blue bar on your screen and click on "search"

Type in "quarter panel replacement" enter

In ten seconds you will have hours of reading on this very subject. No waiting for a reply. If you have follow up questions post them in the Body shop forum as stated above, that is where the bodymen hang out.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hi Mike, I see you have my favorite chevelle.I removed my chassis from the frame but I replaced both quarters with the body on the frame.If you don't the door jambs will never line up with the proper gap.Good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts