Chevelles.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to check with you guys to see how I install this?I messed with it for a few minutes but I could'nt really figure it out.Is it glued in their or something?I wanted to replace it without pulling the chrome peice and everything off the window if necessary.
Thanks in advance
JE

·
Registered
230 Posts
Just replaced mine on the 66. 67shovel is correct, the rubber just slides up from the bottom. No adhesives or anything. One of mine was a real bear to get the new one in - ended up using the soapy water method to lube it up to get it to slide all the way in. At the bottom of the chrome piece it may be necessary to bend up the corners slightly to allow the rubber to pull out, and once the new ones are in, bend the corners in slightly to grip the rubber and prevent it from falling out. When you look at it, you'll know what I mean.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys,thats what I needed to know.I will be back in the shop Sat. so i'll give it another shot.
Thanks again,
JE

·
Registered
85 Posts
Just an FYI, I too am replacing all of my rubber, when I ordered the whole package they sent the one rubbers that DO NOT HAVE THE STEEL CORE. I cannot keep the NON steel core molding to stay in place. So I have reordered the steel core ones... Every time I shut the door the rubber falls off into the car $#@#. Anyway I thought would throw that out there..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
70ss427,I was just fixing to post a reply asking why they won't stay in.I guess thats it.Why do they send these if they won't work?I was hopeing I had everything and would not have to order more stuff.Just curious.Thanks for the info.
JE

1 - 6 of 6 Posts