Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the difference between the economy and pro series coil overs? Also I have an LS block, should I get the 550lbs as if I had a big block? Car will primarily be used for cruising around. I already have tubular control arms

·
Registered
261 Posts
I think an aluminum block LS would be substantially lighter than a big block. It is probably lighter than an iron small block. If you are using an iron 6.0 LS type, the difference will be less.

·
Vendor
1,485 Posts
What is the difference between the economy and pro series coil overs? Also I have an LS block, should I get the 550lbs as if I had a big block? Car will primarily be used for cruising around. I already have tubular control arms
The QA1 pro series coil-overs come in either single or double adjustable. I'm not greatly familiar with QA1 for the fact most of our customers choose Viking, they are probably the best "bang for your buck" coil-over out there for multi purpose applications.

The 550lb front rate is the go to rate for small block handling application. Some customers that aren't so much concerned with handling and just want the ability to adjust ride height with a cushy ride use 450lb springs.

If you need any info regarding viking or QA1 feel free to contact me.

Craig

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think an aluminum block LS would be substantially lighter than a big block. It is probably lighter than an iron small block. If you are using an iron 6.0 LS type, the difference will be less.
Yeah its the LQ9 block

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The QA1 pro series coil-overs come in either single or double adjustable. I'm not greatly familiar with QA1 for the fact most of our customers choose Viking, they are probably the best "bang for your buck" coil-over out there for multi purpose applications.

The 550lb front rate is the go to rate for small block handling application. Some customers that aren't so much concerned with handling and just want the ability to adjust ride height with a cushy ride use 450lb springs.

If you need any info regarding viking or QA1 feel free to contact me.

Craig
Craig when you say best bang for your buck is there any difference between the Viking and QA1? I see the QA1's are cheaper than the Vikings.

·
Vendor
1,485 Posts
Craig when you say best bang for your buck is there any difference between the Viking and QA1? I see the QA1's are cheaper than the Vikings.
Internally yes.

Viking only manufactures double adjustable shocks.

QA1 double adjustable are more expensive than Viking. The price you are comparing are probably single adj. QA1 - VS- Viking double adj.

The best thing to do is to give me a call here at the shop and we can discuss the differences in detail.

Craig

·
Registered
6,201 Posts
Steve,
like Phi I love the Ride Quality of the Vikings

I bought the Front Viking DA Shock Coil Over Kit # # A205 – 550T since I have a BBC
from UMI Perf
along with their Front Tubular U&L Control Arms Kit # 403133

Great Quality Fit and Finish suspension parts, the best I have even seen or used

1 - 8 of 8 Posts