Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Q jet junkies I need tips/tricks

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Gene Chas 
#1 ·
Ok this will be my first time running a qjet, Ive run the holley, carter and eldel carbs and rebuilt and modified some of them. My question is is there any tips and tricks yall can tell me while the im rebuilding the my qjet? Also when the carb is rebuild and on the car any tips on dialing in a qjet on a 454 with a 700r4. Ive never run a qjet before and I am taking my car back to stock and also using a factory cast iron high rise spreadbore intake and really want to try to make this setup work. If not ill go buy a performer rpm and stick my 780 vac sec on it. Am I making a mistake running a qjet?

#2 ·
If this is the original type Q-j, I'd build it back stock and bolt it on. For every day dependability, I'm sold on them. My favorite intake (for oval port heads) is the 68-9 Corvette aluminum, 390hp/427 intake under a functional CI hood. Everyday, summer/winter, get in, couple of accelerator pump shots (cold), start it, go. No worries, mate.

------------------
Tom Parsons

#3 ·
DZAUTO my GOD you know a lot about engines is this your job?? i think 1/2 i have learned about engines has come from you direct, to the point, and you KNOW what you are talking about. Glad your a Chevelle junkie. jk

------------------
members.aol.com/jnkb2cool/chevelle5.jpg John Krenn
1970 malibu SS look-a-like well kinda
307/200-4r

Ft.Worth, Tx

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.