Team Chevelle banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to purchase a rebuilt Roch Q jet carb. Does anybody know of a GOOD reputable place I can but one that wont break my bank. Its for my 71 SS 350 CID 350 HP which I use for cruising. Any suggestions on a good place to buy one?

·
Registered
11,298 Posts
Do not buy a rblt q-jet from your local auto parts house or autozone,pepboys,etc as they are usually junk.

I worked in the auto parts industry for yrs and many q-jets rblt by the auto parts rebuilders association were garbage & returned so dont consider it.

With that said to get a q-jet setup correctly that will work well and you wont have to touch it for yrs to come Sean Murphy can supply it,he good & honest with great customer service from my 1st hand experience with him.

It will cost you approx $300-$350 with Sean supplying the core carb but it will be $ well spent for a propely working q-jet that sean will personally setup specifically for your setup to work well right out of the box.

Check out Sean's website (SeanMurphyinduction.com)

Here is his cont info if you want to call him:

Sean Murphy Induction
17662 Metzler Lane #A
Huntington Beach, CA 92647
Phone: 714.842.1881

Also,there is a 7029207 q-jet for sale on ebay that's the factory carb for a 69 350/350hp vette motor thats only at $30 at this time . This would be a great core to have Sean rbld & clibrate for your motor setup.

You could maybe buy this carb for a decent price and then have Sean rbld & calibrate it specifically for your setup. Go to ebay and search this item # 160090549756 to see the carb.

You could call and ask Sean how much cheaper it would be if you supply the core carb for rbld.

Scott

·
Premium Member
3,256 Posts
I'm looking to purchase a rebuilt Roch Q jet carb. Does anybody know of a GOOD reputable place I can but one that wont break my bank. Its for my 71 SS 350 CID 350 HP which I use for cruising. Any suggestions on a good place to buy one?

You want to call Sean Murphy at SMI. He will total go through your carb and "tune it" specifically to your car / setup. He custom built a "Stage 1" Q-jet for my daily driver 84 C20 Suburban. No problems at all. He does wonders on Q-Jets.

The prices on his website is with him providing a carb. It is cheaper if you send him your own carb. Give him a call, his price is very reasonable.

http://www.smicarburetor.com/products/?sfID1=28&sfID2=9

http://www.smicarburetor.com/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts