Team Chevelle banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my Custom Cam Co. solid roller a couple of weeks ago. I'm just installing it now. The printout sheet has a section at the lower right side for cylinder timing. Beneath that it has a column for Lobe Sep angle and another for Adv Angle ( crank). I assume this last one is the amount of advance ground into the cam? The angles below for each cylinder are all around ~3.5 .

Am I correct in assuming this is the built in advance and that I should just install it straight up? My Comp Cams SR I took out worked out best between 3-4 degrees advance.

I've sent an e-mail to CCC last week, but I haven't heard back from them. I bet they're extremely busy.

Thanks!

John

·
Premium Member
2,719 Posts
I install my cam from Harold an additional 4* advanced. I believe most of his designs work best with 6* at least, but lets wait for a few others who are more familiar with his cams to chime in. Yes, they are ground with 4* already. Im sure if you install it straight up, it would be fine, but a few more degrees will boost your bottom end very slightly, but take it off the top end. What are you using the car for?

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The car ( 79 Z28) will be strictly for the street. LT1 T56 with 3:73' Eaton out back. When I talked to Harold and gave him all the info he required, I left the final specs of the cam up to him. The old CC RT lobe SR gave best overall power at about 4 degrees. But different cam design, different specs....
Thanks for your input!

John

·
Premium Member
2,709 Posts
I've got a new UDHarold CCC cam but havent got my motor rebuilt yet,but when I do I am just going to put it in straight up,that wont be for a couple more months yet.
Guy

·
Registered
376 Posts
I have two BB Chevy Solid Lifter cams from CCC. Both cams were ground with 4 degrees advance. Install it Straight up with no further advancing or retarding of the cam. Do this first to verify the cam events and clearance's before you start playing with adv/ret the cam. The first cam was ground with 112 Lobe Separation Angle, It degreed at 107.5 ATDC. Cam two ground with 110 Lobe Separation Angle, degreed at 105.5 ATDC. I hope this helps you out.

Ron Miller 92Camaro:beers:

·
Registered
948 Posts
Mine is not in yet, maybe today and I can check the card. Most of the stuff he designed for Lunati is shown with 4 degree advance. When I ran his Ultradybe 280/288 it was ground on 112 with a 106 advance. With the 4 degrees built in I had to add 2 more.

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks to everyone for replying. I think I'll install it straight up and double check the specs. The cam is ground on 112LSA and the average advance ( if thats'what it is) on the card shows 3.5 degrees, which seems right to me. I'll throw the degree wheel on it and confirm that's what it actually is.

Thanks again! :)

John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts