Team Chevelle banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get one of the Pypes Exhaust 3" X-Change kits, but am trying to decide on which mufflers to get with it, Their Street Pros, or Race Pros. I listened to both the sounds, but with my computer they both sound good and sound like jet engines. I attribute this to my speakers system (Klipsch Pro-Media Ultra) I am curious if someone can put it into some sort of prospective as to how loud they are.

I have a 2.5 header back system done by a local amature, with a half-a$$ H Pipe, and two Flowmaster Mufflers dumping before the rear end. Definately a lot of inside drone and a little noise. When you gas it is real loud. The exhaust I have isn't that loud though, just drony. I get late model mustangs pulling up to me at the red light and their exhaust is definately louder than mine, and I know they just have some sort of cat back system.

Let me know,

Big D

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
I have 18" 2.5diameter Street Pro's. In fact, it's my '70 SS on Pypes website if you want to hear it.

I don't have the drone at all like I used to with my old Flowmasters. It's quite reasonable at idle and even cruising, where before it was just noise.

Noise level behind the car is nice, and it does get louder when you get on it. I would recommend the 18" if you want to keep the noise down a bit, but with 3" pipes it will be a bit loud anyway.

·
Registered
14,292 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts