Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 71 SS 454 clone and a 70 SS 396 and I was wondering if I should put power windows (from a 70 Monte)on the 71 or the 70. The 70 is a # matching SS 396 with the build sheet, will this hurt the value of the car? I got the 70 in peices, but every thing was there except for the bucket seats and rear seat. Any input will be appreciated.
Nate

------------------
The more cubes the better!!!
70 SS 396
71 SS 454 clone 8.8 1/8 on pump gas and 8" slicks
Team Chevelle # 1143

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
Nate,
Typically any improvements or changes you make to the car will not hurt the value so long as they can be returned to an original state easily and without major expense.

Power windows involves changing window regulators, adding wiring harness and modifying your door panels. Keep the original panels and cut some donors.

In my opinion, I would not stray from buying a car with add on windows as long as I could return to stock and the owner made me aware of the add on prior to buying the car.

Deleting or adding a vinyl roof, changing body color, making an automatic into a 4-speed, etc. Those are areas that could hurt. JMO

------------------
"Details Make the Difference"

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.