Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where to get the putty that goes on the AC pipe that comes out of the bottom of the AC box in the engine compartment? I am having trouble finding some for a almost finished restoration of a 70. Any and all replies will be appreciated. Thanks

------------------
Pat"The Soundkat>^..^<"Hoffman
1970 Chevelle SS (clone)
http://hometown.aol.com/soundkat/index.html

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Pat, if you are refering to the thick black gritty wrap that is very hard after years of use, I found an almost exact match from a heating and air conditioner supplier. For those of you with central air in your house, its the same stuff they use to seal the pipes to the hole in the wall and also where the pipe enters the furnace. I don't think you will find anything closer than that.

------------------
"Details Make the Difference"
Musclecar Restoration and Design

·
Gold Founding Member
63,798 Posts
Soundkat>^..^<

you can go to any HVAC/Refrigeration wholesale house and ask for Prestite cork insulation tape - Cat # PT-1 made by the Virginia Kmp Corp of Dallas TX

the only problem is you have to buy a 30' (that's foot) roll 1/8" X 2" (that's inch)

IT"S THE SAME THING

or I could send you enough to do it if I had your snail mail address

BTW, they also have the insul-tube that is on the suction line at the alternator bracket but it comes in 6' (that's foot) lengths and it only takes about 12 inches of it (fooled ya that time)

------------------
Dean Call
Team Gold member #3
A.C.E.S. # 00235
Mid America Chevelle Club #001
chevelles.net
My 69

ACES/Midwest Chevelle Regionals

Don't point a finger - lend a hand

·
Registered
1,273 Posts