Team Chevelle banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK..I have gone aftermarket with my AFR 305's..can I still use stock length pushrods??..I have a set and after installing them they seem a bit ...short..now what do I do??..thanks

ALbert

·
Registered
12,047 Posts
The answer is, buy an adjustable pushrod and start checking for correct length. That is all you can do. There are so many variables that change pushrod length.

·
Registered
498 Posts
You will probably need two different size adjustable pushrods. I couldn't find one that would cover both lengths. Also don't get the one with the nuts on them if you have valve guides.

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You will probably need two different size adjustable pushrods. I couldn't find one that would cover both lengths. Also don't get the one with the nuts on them if you have valve guides.
exactly the case!!..have both on their way..how about a quick tutorial on how to determine the correct length..or a link to a previous discussion..thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you!

·
Premium Member
13,107 Posts
thank you!
Hi Albert
How is your project going, sounds like you are making progress :cool:

And thank you again for choosing us to help, we do appreciate it :beers:

·
Registered
498 Posts
Take your time and get it right. I am in the exact same stage you are. Experiment with the adjustable pushrod. Take notes as to what adjustments do to the pattern. After reading many posts and bothering Wolfplace on the phone, I have realized to take my time and get it right. Try to get a marker that is not permanent. I was using checking springs and they would barely make any marks on the valve stem. A non permanent marker works better.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Recently went through this. Spent ALOT of time with an adjustable PR looking for that perfect sweep and measuring lift at the same time.

In the end, I simply went with what gave the most lift not the pattern....YMMV

1 - 9 of 9 Posts