Chevelles.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read all the posts about retrofitting intermittent wipers to Chevelles. I can't find a 1980 Camaro wiper motor and switch as the posts state. Anyone else done this mod? What motor and switch did you use? How did you wire it? Help! Tired of dragging wiper blades across a semi wet windshield! :( Thanks, Scott!

·
Registered
7,762 Posts

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
John, are you saying that the Camaro motor/switch combo will park between the cycles? Sound like a goot idea anyway, reaching for that switch once a minute (especially with stock non-retracting seatbelts) is a PITA, so I could live with the parking feature. By the way, is the 70-71 switch setup the same as on a -69?. In that case, the same mod should work in my car too.

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
Now you've got us wondering if our '82 Camaro Tilt Column with the WSW mechanism makes it a snap to install the Camaro wiper motor(s)?

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
All
I just posted a link. Need to drag Fo_FdyFo (454) in here to get the real poo-poo. He said he did it and I doubt no one.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Let us not digress! I still need help on the original question that started this thread! I have read Fo_FdyFo's info but cant find an 80 Camaro. I have talked to him in person and he mentions that the wiper
switch is of utmost importance. I passed on one 80 motor because the case was broken, The switch was in the steering column so no cigar! Anybody else do a conversion sucessfully? Which components did you use? Thanks, Scott!

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
Originally posted by scottysalesman:
Let us not digress! I still need help on the original question that started this thread! I have read Fo_FdyFo's info but cant find an 80 Camaro. I have talked to him in person and he mentions that the wiper
switch is of utmost importance. I passed on one 80 motor because the case was broken, The switch was in the steering column so no cigar! Anybody else do a conversion sucessfully? Which components did you use? Thanks, Scott!
We totally agree!

Let's not digress!

But how can we restrain ourselves from the fact(s) that we now have from Team Members on this site that "The switch is in the steering column", and we HAVE THE STEERING COLUMN"!!

By GOD, we did something right on our "Out Of Control" Project!(?)

"""""SORRY"""""

We Lost It For A Minute Or Two Or..............

Anyway, there must be a post somewhere on this site to solve your problem(s). There must be (?)

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Not being up on Gen II Camaros: The 79/81 Camaro all share the same dash. 79 was a change-over year. Wiper switch was mounted in the dash. The 80/81 option pulse wiper switch is still available.
Richard
I don't know if the pulse motor from an 81 is the same as an 82. If it is you have a good chance of getting yourself going. Maybe do some asking around at the part stores. You are going to need mating connectors to hook things up.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
John, you mentioned that the 80-81 pulse wiper switch is available! Did you mean the one that fits in the dash or in the steering column? Do you have a part number and any leads where I can buy the dash switch? Thanks, Scott!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts