Chevelles.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyon help with the procedure on pulling the complete dash. Is it more than one piece and in order, what do I pull first to last. thanks, Jim Owens 72SS.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Start by removing the dash pad. Then drop the steering column. After that, you will need to remove the kick panels and then it becomes a search and destroy mission. It seems like there's no end to removing screws. Actually it's not that bad but you do need to allow several hours. The dash is all one piece. You'll need to rig some of sort of way to support it as you remove screws and bolts because it will start to sag.
It's neat having a complete dash hanging in my garage. After you remove the pad, there are two fastners on top in the vicinity of the instrument panel/heater controls. There are two more just inboard and behind the glovebox, but one of the brackets is perpindicular to the dash. I think there are one or two above the steering column. There are two more on the ends, top and bottom, and maybe a couple of more I forgot about since I removed this one from the donor car. Just take your time with it.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Randy, I looked at the dash and having trouble with how the dash pad comes out. Is that a seperate piece from the actual dash?

Thanks for the reply. Jim 72 SS.

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
Jim
The dash pad is held in with phillips head screws at the rear edge of the pad (closest to the passengers). They go up into the pad. There are screws over the instrument panel and a couple in the glove box.
After that, the pad pulls out towards you, there are clips that hold the front down that will release when you pull back on the pad.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I think i found them. I'll hollar again if it does'nt come out. Don't want to break it.

Jim 72 SS.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts