Chevelles.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my car the guy before had purchased and not installed a pui interior. The kit is complete +or- and includes the rear seat cover, but not the front bucket covers. Where do I locate some matching tan bucket covers for my shreaded upolstry, but mechanically sound buckets?? I couldn't locate a web page, but I have heard of PUI before. THanks for any info.

------------------
70 Malibu w/4bbl 350 4-sp

·
Premium Member
9,801 Posts
Remember the words "Sponsored by Ground Up" on the opening pages to this site? Go back and connect with them through this site and check out what they have. Yep, they carry PUI seat covers.Get the new catalog and enjoy. (Seat covers are on page 53 of the old catalog).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks. I'm sorry I didn't check them out first. Groundup has the covers and seat foams that I need. now only if I had the cash to buy them. oh well tax returns are coming soon. Thanks again!

------------------

·
Premium Member
5,542 Posts
Just as a vote for PUI, I just had their seat covers installed on my '69 buckets. They look great and the upholstery guy was impressed with their quality as well.

------------------
Dan Orgill

It's not the heat, it's the stupidity.

1969 Chevelle SS396/325hp Canadian built and proud of it!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I have an almost complete pui interior kit to install and I'm glad to hear it will be worth it. Does anyone know about the special pliers needed to install seat covers? How much do they cost and How necessary are they? Thanks for any ideas.

------------------

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
buy the hog ring pliars and hog rings, the pliars will make the install easy, as opposed to a major pain. I think kits were around $25 in resto catalogues.

------------------
70 chevelle ss396 conv
66 chevelle ss396 hdp/conv
55 chevy prostreet
69/71 camaros
TC member #493

1 - 6 of 6 Posts