Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the car put back together after installing headers. In the process, I had to pull the steering column. I believe that I put it back right and everything hooked up. While under the hood, I put on a new belt of the PS pump. Now everytime I turn the steering wheel, just a bit, it screeches (sounds like I'm killing a cat). I checked under the hood: belt is snug, but not too tight, I added a little PS fluid, nothing is rubbing against the steering column (and no dead cats). Tires are not rubbing against anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated. (I had to remount the alternator, but I can't think how this would affect the PS. The car is a 67). Thanks.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to mention an important detail, it is much harder to turn the wheel now. I really think the noise is coming from the PS box or pump. They worked great before.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Sounds like your belt is slipping. Try tightening it a little more. Also, Got plenty of air in your front tires? Soft tires make the turning harder and put more strain on the power steering........GT

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.