Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Gold Founding Member
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From all I can see I have no fluid going to the front brakes we played withn the proportioning valve but now they are low again where can I get one also what does the metereing valve near the master cylinder do thanks Mike

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I have seen the flexible lines block up to the point that no fluid passes through. It has happened to me but only on one side. Keep this in mind in case everything else fails. Good Luck.

·
Gold Founding Member
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We replaced the front hoses I am almost sure I have a problem with the proportioning valve I was wondering where I could get one also was wondering what the metering valve jus below the master does Mike

·
Registered
368 Posts
BULKSS
According to a Chevrolet Training Booklet I have, the metering or "hold off" valve "delays the application of the front disc brakes momentarily so the rear drum brakes can build up sufficient pressure to overcome the force of their retractor springs. This valve then provides balanced braking."

Regarding your front brake problem, I had a similar problem because I had not bench bled the master cylinder and had a slug of air in the brake lines thet I couldn't get out with normal bleeding.

------------------
Fred Aldrich
Web Site: www.GeoCities.com/~69_chevelle

·
Gold Founding Member
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Fred I did have some trouble when originally installed but we power bleed them did your button on the proportioning valve pop also were they alright for a while that would be great if it were the cure thanks mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.