Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI GUYS, On 69 Chevelle with power dics brakes, their is a valve right under the m/c.In shop manual, it states when bleeding brakes to hold in spring that is in the back of valve with a clamp.Is their a trick to this, because there is only about a 1/4 inch space between spring and power booster.Also, when you push this spring in do you do it with system filled or do you open a bleeder valve. If any one has any suggestions please let me know, thanks.

------------------
BILL TIRELLI TEAM CHEVELLE MEMBER#280 1969 BLK CHEVELLE SS396 375HP 4SP 410 POSI

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Normally the brakes will bleed without touching this "button", try it first and if you dont get any fluid to the front brakes put a small c clamp or vise grip on it to hold it in while you bleed the brakes.

------------------
70 chevelle ss396 conv
66 chevelle ss396 hdp/conv

G

·
I've bled mine without touching the button, too. But if you want to try it use a small wedge of wood, which shouldn't damage the covering on the button.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I believe that valve will only cause a problem if you try to "gravity bleed" the brakes. The "Proportioning valve" also has a feature that delays pressure to the front disks until the rear drums are activated. this feature would make it impossible to gravity bleed the front brakes. The button deactivates that feature.
If you bleed it by pressing on the pedal then you should have no problem.

------------------
Clark
TC #68
Ft. Polk, Louisiana

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.