Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help with proper hook-up of vapor canister for 72 Chevelle Malibu. Canister has 3 inlets: one labelled "purge", one labelled "tank", and a smaller inlet with slotted cap labelled "air". Have no idea which lines from tank to hook up and to which inlet(s)on canister, and where hose(s)go to q-jet and/or pcv valve. Engine is modified 350 4 bolt with 700 R4 tranny, beefed-up suspension, and interior and paint restored to factory original specs.
lonnie Williams

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
Lonnie
I checked on my '71 and the cannister is labeled differently but may give you some guidance.
My cannister is labeled fuel tank, PCV and carb. And are more descriptive as to where they connect than you '72 cannister.
Anyway, the fuel tank outlet goes to the vapor lines on the frame, yours would be labeled "tank". The PCV on mine goes to a "T" to connect the pcv and manifold vacuum, this is the same size hose as "fuel tank". That would probably be your "purge".
My smaller hose is connected to the cannister "carb" and goes to the base of the carb. That would probably be your "air" outlet on the cannister.

------------------
Doug, Chevl71
Team Chevelle member #625
Gateway Area Chevelle Club member CM028
(OO ss OO)
chevl71 homepage

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks to Doug for his answer to my question.
Lonnie
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lonnie williams:
Need help with proper hook-up of vapor canister for 72 Chevelle Malibu. Canister has 3 inlets: one labelled "purge", one labelled "tank", and a smaller inlet with slotted cap labelled "air". Have no idea which lines from tank to hook up and to which inlet(s)on canister, and where hose(s)go to q-jet and/or pcv valve. Engine is modified 350 4 bolt with 700 R4 tranny, beefed-up suspension, and interior and paint restored to factory original specs.
lonnie Williams
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.