Chevelles.com banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Here is a comparison. Very rough comparison! The difference appears to be about 1.25”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: pannetron

·
Registered
840 Posts
Here is a comparison. Very rough comparison! The difference appears to be about 1.25”.

Thanks, looks like both of us are going to need to modify the inner wheel wells.

I talked to Mark at SC&C a couple days ago and ordered coil overs and I also stepped up to the AFX spindles and steering arms.

I have to believe this car is going to drive so much different once it's back on the road.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thanks, looks like both of us are going to need to modify the inner wheel wells.

I talked to Mark at SC&C a couple days ago and ordered coil overs and I also stepped up to the AFX spindles and steering arms.

I have to believe this car is going to drive so much different once it's back on the road.
Yes. You will like that setup! It's what I had on the car before, and it works great.

I think the inner wheel wells will need to be modified. Will cross that bridge at the end!

·
Registered
840 Posts
Have you measured the length of front coil over you'll need?
I assume you're talking to me being as Tyler has his coil overs.

I didn't measure, Mark from SC&C specked them based on the chicane mounts and SPC lower A arms. This is all parts he experienced in and knows what to use.

We talked about a lot of different specs on the parts I ordered. I want to say the travel was around 6.5 inches.

ETA. I just looked at the invoice, 6.15 inches of travel and 18.3" extended length.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
I assume you're talking to me being as Tyler has his coil overs.

I didn't measure, Mark from SC&C specked them based on the chicane mounts and SPC lower A arms. This is all parts he experienced in and knows what to use.

We talked about a lot of different specs on the parts I ordered. I want to say the travel was around 6.5 inches.

ETA. I just looked at the invoice, 6.15 inches of travel and 18.3" extended length.
I did mean Tyler, and just went back and noticed he has Penske's. I am curious which ones though.

Which coil overs did you get? 18.3" travel... I am surprised, I figured it'd be more like a 16.5" extended length shock with it being a bit lowered and all.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I did mean Tyler, and just went back and noticed he has Penske's. I am curious which ones though.

Which coil overs did you get? 18.3" travel... I am surprised, I figured it'd be more like a 16.5" extended length shock with it being a bit lowered and all.
I'll be using Verishock double adjustable coil overs. The combination of the chicane mounts and the SPC lower A arms dictate the shock length, which is the equivalent of stock height suspension plus the added height of the chicane. I'll also be using a 2" drop spindle. I'll be able to raise the ride height by installing spacer plates in the lower A arm. I will not be able to lower it any further.

·
Registered
101 Posts
AWESOME !!!! Love all the work that has been done . Really next level !!! Oh and Congrats on the twins

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

I don't have much for specs on the coil overs. I can take a few pictures for you. They're what is spec'd by Global for the KT423 package. I'll post up a few close up pics, they're pretty trick!

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Quick update. I’ve been chipping away at this thing. Brake lines in progress. Reworking the exhaust system tomorrow, adding cats, converting to v-bands. When I get my AN dies, I’ll do up the fuel line. After that, I think it’ll be time to drop the body back on.

Reactions: pannetron

·
Registered
840 Posts
Looking good Tyler.

I received my rear coil over set up and started moch up. I really wasn't happy with the top bar that was in the kit I got, so I ordered the ABC performance bar like your running. I also got their boxing plates for the rear frame rails.

My body is at the body shop so I can't double check clearance. Do you think you could give me measurements from the body mounts the the bar and how far it sits above the frame rail? I have some measurements from the factory shock tower but it would be nice to have something to compare it to.

Thanks for any help you can give.
Troy

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Hey Troy,

Sure I can do that. I'm out of town until Tuesday. Can have a look then. Which body mounts are you looking for? I'm guessing the ones on top of the arch just above the ABC dimple die gusset.

Reactions: senna

·
Registered
840 Posts
Hey Troy,

Sure I can do that. I'm out of town until Tuesday. Can have a look then. Which body mounts are you looking for? I'm guessing the ones on top of the arch just above the ABC dimple die gusset.
Yes the body mounts that are left after cutting the spring perch's out. Center of the hole to center line of cross bar.

My ABC cross bar is scheduled for delivery Tuesday, so no problems. I'm leaving for Hot August Nights on Thursday.

Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
This is a sweet build. You must be so fired up to drive this thing! :thumbsup:
Thanks! Mostly excited to drive it with the T56, as it's never had a standard before. I've driven it with the LS, and good suspension, so not expecting much difference there.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts