Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am excited that my 67SS restoration took a turn today, and thought I would share some pics. This has been a 3 year restoration (so far), and has been a learning experience. I would like for you to take a look and tell me what you think, (good or bad). I will have some more pics. soon as I plan to open a photobucket account of the entire restoration.

Thanks,

Attachments

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Awesome! I remember when mine looked like that when I was restoring my 70SS.

Keep it up...

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
Wow that looks beautiful and I am sure pictures do not do it any justice. You are going to get some looks and thumbs once its rolling!

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys, I really appreciate the kind words. It makes me feel like all I've been going thru the last 3 years has been worth it. I have owned this car since 1998. I wrecked the car, in 2005 after doing a burn out, and loosing control going down into a ditch and striking a concrete culvert. The left front wheel caught the culvert and killed the frame. It wasn't a bad looking car then. If you look at my showroom it was bolero red and was a nice driver. I vowed then to build this car back better than it ever was, and to put it back completely original. I bought another 67 Chevelle and took the frame from it and started the rebuild. I wasn't crazy about its birth color ( royal plum), but after talking with a few Chevelle guru's, they convinced me to do it, I'm glad I did, and its not even done yet. I can't wait to finish it, but figure I'm another year out from that. I would like to debut it at CB09

·
Premium Member
19,751 Posts
Good choice to return to stock color, IMO. A real restoration should be just that, restore it to original configuration. The Royal Plum in 67 is kind of like the Danube Blue of 66 - don't see too many and it helps make them stand out. :thumbsup:

Edit: Is that a convertible frame?

·
Premium Member
7,454 Posts
Thanks guys, I really appreciate the kind words. It makes me feel like all I've been going thru the last 3 years has been worth it. I have owned this car since 1998. I wrecked the car, in 2005 after doing a burn out, and loosing control going down into a ditch and striking a concrete culvert. The left front wheel caught the culvert and killed the frame. It wasn't a bad looking car then. If you look at my showroom it was bolero red and was a nice driver. I vowed then to build this car back better than it ever was, and to put it back completely original. I bought another 67 Chevelle and took the frame from it and started the rebuild. I wasn't crazy about its birth color ( royal plum), but after talking with a few Chevelle guru's, they convinced me to do it, I'm glad I did, and its not even done yet. I can't wait to finish it, but figure I'm another year out from that. I would like to debut it at CB09
;):thumbsup:

Memories.....

·
Premium Member
3,399 Posts
Looks great! I think that color is gorgeous and since it's a one-year-only color, makes it all the more unique.

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No Dale, its not a convertable frame. Its a 2 dr. hardtop frame and yes it is the original color, (M2) Royal Plum with black vinyl top. I got the vinyl top on today. I guess glass is next. The car was built in Freemont Cal. and I have tracked down pretty much everything to be (period correct). I have had some help and been trying to do this car right. It also has some neat options like, AM-FM radio with rear speaker, rear window defog, walnut wheel with tilt, full gauge pkg.with blinker tach, PS and PDB. Hopefully the car will stand out.

·
Premium Member
4,995 Posts
Very Nice Job Ernie!!!! All else I can say besides I'm jealous of the point you're at is It sure must be nice to have that kind of room to work in. :thumbsup: JN

·
Premium Member
3,422 Posts
That is awesome, Ernie. Im glad you painted it the original color, great work on it, too. Keep us posted as it is very inspiring for us in the process of restoring our Chevelles.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.