1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled motor and built stand

One of my donar rockers from a $58 ebay shell

All cleaned up(2.5 hours later)

Pulled rear window and found a lot of filler. At least the front is done!

Cross braced floors

Off the frame!!!!!!!!!!:hurray:

Getting ready for frame swap

Going to make up frame and body dollies tomorrow and shorten the rear of the frame a few inches(GTO frame). Then on to the rockers and floor.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why are you switching to a GTO frame? Really nice garage you have there. :thumbsup:
Actually my frame is pretty solid but I stumbled across this one for $500 locally and it is spotless! I welded in repair washers into mine and it has a couple patches I am going to redo. I figured I would sell mine in great repaired condition and use the other. Thanks for the comment on my garage! It is my favorite room in the house!:beers:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Impressive, I look at what you are doing with enthusiasm for the efforts I have in front of myself PLEASE keep the picture coming! Your car will have TONS of pride in it when you are finished, that is what I respect about DIY!

Bary

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
where did you get the new sheet metal from?
Goodmark 7 piece trunk. Goodmark quarter skin(came with car) Middle and front floor brace came with car(not sure what they are). Inner and outer wheelwells are Goodmark. Donar inner and outer rockers.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Matt,

Your doing a fine job. I used the rockers from Goodmark and anyone with a 64~67 should know they fit perfectly if they need to purchase as I did (I have a 65' coupe). Your lower cowl area looks just like mine did or lack there of. I'm starting to get excited as I'm about to begin the bodywork after roughly a year of metal replacement. Keep the updates coming....

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
UPDATE: Out with the cross bracing and in with the rockers.

The driver side rocker is about 1/8" in the front but other than that they seem alright.

Door gaps look good.

Ordered rear seat pans and floor brace yesterday! I figured since everything else is being replaced why not? I SEE WHERE THIS IS GOING.:D All this money and its not even an SS. Stay tuned!

·
Registered
194 Posts
You are doing awesome work. It is great to see the classics getting saved. I have a 64 that isn't as bad as yours, but I know what you are saying about "replacing everything". It is really easy to get carried away. Mine isn't an SS anyway, but when I am done it will be a clone (not a bad word anymore).

Keep up the good work....you should start a photobucket album for your progress. That is what I did http://www.my64chevelle.com

Regards,

1 - 20 of 81 Posts