Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 355 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally bought some wheels Tuesday so I can move the car around again and be able to put the engine/trans in. Bought 5, plus 1 more tire for a spare....so I should be good. Now all I have to do is wait for Brown Pants Santa Claus to show up at my front porch with 6 boxes of goodness.:D Called today for the tracking # but the tire is on it's way to Cali from Nevada so it might be next week before I get them. If anybody's wondering, they're 18x8.5 Foose Nitrous Chrome w/4.5" backspace from DriverzInc. Closer to finishing the wiring....gotta get some speaker wire and RCA stuff for the stereo system, have a few things to add.....relays for the headlights, a switch for electric cutouts, and an autometer gauge harness. Lots still to do on the whole car, but I am getting stuff done. All this while working nights, looking for another house, and courting a new little lady:clonk: Strange enough, I still have time for myself. Anyway, just thought I'd offer an update....next big purchase should be a complete AutoMeter C2 gauge setup, dash items.

·
Premium Member
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm pretty sure I won't be done to race anytime this summer....too much to do and buy still......Thanks for the support, I'm hoping it looks as good as I'm trying to make it.:D I'll take some pics but I still haven't gotten that cardomain.com picture thing figured out yet. Maybe the little lady can make it out with me to an event though to meet some of you folks....we'll see. When I do make it out with the car, I'll make sure to do some smoky burnouts:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got the used 4 tires and 1 new tire mounted and balanced today......2 of the used tires leak due to the previous owner carving up the sealing portions with a screwdriver trying to remove them:angry:. So, now I have to buy at least 2 new tires, may buy 3(not sure yet if I want to spend the extra money to make all 4 of them new). I'm a bit pissed about it, and had to walk away. I wasn't too impressed that the guys at Les Schwab didn't tell me and I figured it out at home when I noticed some bubbling water around the edges/hissing noises. Discount Tire will get my business this time.....unless when I go to pick up my wheel locking lug nuts they give me a deal on the new tires. I know I'll definitely say something since I pointed out the possible problem areas BEFORE ANY WORK WAS DONE. I should've just bought all new tires to begin with:clonk::mad:.

·
Premium Member
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I took the two leaky tires and wheels back to Les Schwab Saturday....somehow they got the beads to not leak:confused: The manager said the beads were a bit rough, so they smoothed them out. He also said I might have to run on them awhile before they totally seal up....still a bit skeptical but at least I haven't had to buy two new tires yet. I still need to mount them as I had to change my truck oil afterwards, then other obligations. Pictures to come of the wheels on the car.....

·
Premium Member
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, the engine is in now....with the Gear Vendors and transmission attached. I had to cut a 'new hole' in my transmission tunnel for the GV to fit, denting it was never gonna work:noway: So, now I have to make a piece of sheetmetal fit and weld it back in to raise up that part of the tunnel, but I'm still happy. In the process, my left door latch decided to get stuck in the locked position when my uncle closed it, but we finally got it out and I left it out for the day. Today we might try getting the headers in....ran out of time and energy yesterday after trying to get a Suzuki GS 850 started after the engine install in the car. I've had problems trying to get pics up on cardomain.com, they only allow maximum 2k pictures, so I'm not even gonna try it again, I'll just put them on my myspace page.....sorry for those of you who can't access it but I'm tired of getting frustrated with it.

·
Premium Member
5,294 Posts
Cool..gear vendors. I did some research on that product and you should be very pleased with it. What engine are you building for this project??
Try photobucket for your pics. After you put them on there then you just click and paste on the thread and you get a nice full size pic.:thumbsup:

http://photobucket.com/

·
Premium Member
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
OK Kevin, I did the photobucket, it works well:thumbsup:....you can see pics at
http://s348.photobucket.com/albums/q329/boarder022/
I built a 383 years ago for it, and it's been waiting ever since for the car to get done. It's around 425-450 horse at the flywheel....full roller with lots of goodies. I'm off to go work on it some more....weld the Z-bar bracket on....later.

·
Premium Member
5,644 Posts
I can't see the pic with the Nitrous showing,,,,,,,,,,,,where's it at!!! :D :D

·
Premium Member
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Kevin, I don't mind....I had spent enough time already this morning uploading them I wanted to go. Thanks for posting them, it was probably easier for everybody anyway:thumbsup:

Darryl, don't worry, it's built for the nitrous already.....gas tank already has the 10AN feed port, and an 8AN return, as well as the auxiliary fuel pump wiring. It's in the future...just gotta get it going first though, not to mention I probably better upgrade the rear differential first.

Greg, I've already broken the engine in prior when it was just sitting on the frame(talk about an easy install!).....yeah it sounded good then:yes: I'm really debating whether or not to put electric cutouts on;)....I'm thinking I probably will just for fun.

PNB, I get more questions about the color of the engine than anything else....usually it goes something like "why is it green?":D I've got another bored 350 block the same color sitting on the engine stand....I figure nobody else has that color, and it's called Grabber Green, must've grabbed my attention when I was buying paint.

Z-bar bracket is now welded on, next...
fix the hole in the floor!
put the headers on
install master cylinder, hydro-boost lines, bleed brakes
then it's up for debate....either I go with the dash stuff, modify the Cadillac seats for brackets, or go with radiator/fan setup. Since I'm taking my truck in tomorrow for a new clutch, I may just go for the cheap stuff first.

·
Premium Member
11,203 Posts
Keep it coming!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Got the headers in the engine bay today, just need new gaskets. Had to cut a bit more of the tunnel out for the overdrive, and put a piece of floor mat rubber between the overdrive and the bottom of the floor since it's real close. I also temporarily put the clutch z-bar linkage on to test pedal pressure for the Centerforce Dual Friction clutch for the very first time....soft enough for the traffic lights:yes: I may have to make a 'dent' in the floor pan though because the Lakewood clutch fork is just barely hitting at the end of the pedal throw. It's progress, just didn't really necessitate any pictures. Tomorrow, possibly dent the floor, exhaust gaskets, work on a new tunnel patch.....

·
Premium Member
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Made a sheetmetal floor patch today out of 1 piece:yes:, welded it in but still need to grind it down and get some seam sealer....will take a pic when it's done. I also put the Gear Vendors driveshaft yoke in and measured for what I need to have the original driveshaft modified to.....45" now from center of u-joint each end(probably be about 3/4" shorter to account for the suspension travel in the end though). Original length with the TH350 and 10 bolt WAS 60", so yeah, it's 15" shorter with the overdrive and the Super T-10!!! I'm kind of curious how a shorter driveshaft affects the end result in HP and TQ numbers, any ideas?

1 - 20 of 355 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.