Chevelles.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I purchased a Proform stand alone shift light that comes with three wire, Red power 12V (+), Green that goes to Coil or in my case Tach terminal on 6AL box, and black which grounds to frame. I currently have a autometer tac with out a shift light that has a white wire which is connceted to my lamp fuse, a red wire which is powered to my ignition fuse, green wire thats connected to 6AL tac terminal, and black which is grounded. To install my shift light I soldered the green wire from the shift light with the green wire from the Tac because both destination are tac terminal on 6AL box, and I conncected the red wire from teh Tac and shiftlight to the Ignition fuse, and last but not least the black wire from the shift light to a bolt to the frame. Now the problem is when I turn on the car the shift light comes on but does not go off, even if I change the RMP setting in the back still light stay lighted. Just for infor the Red ignition fuse for both shift light and tac are shared with my electric cooling radiator fans. I am not sure why the shift light is staying lighted can anyone shed some light on this matter?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Sounds like every thing is wired correcctly, I have one of these lights and my wires all goto the autometer tach. Red,black, and green. I have no problem. It sounds like a bad shift lite. Does you tach have the spade connectors on the back, thats the flat ones?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am sure I have the wiring down correct but since I never used a stanalone light I was not sure if I was doing something wrong. The light should just come on and then go off right?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts