Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hmm, the ideea looks good ! stock valves ,or 2.19,1.88 . for less than a grand it could be the anwer to many steetrodders. Yes i know all the bad that procomp releases!!! I wonder what the flow numbers look like?? I saw these on ebay (skip white seller).

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
the biggest mystery to me is with all the procomp stuff skip white pushes, how the hell does he have 26002 positive feedbacks with not one negative!!! could it be his assembly?

·
Premium Member
14,300 Posts
the biggest mystery to me is with all the procomp stuff skip white pushes, how the hell does he have 26002 positive feedbacks with not one negative!!! could it be his assembly?
I don't have any firsthand experience with those heads, nor with the biz that's being referred to here, but having positive feedback on e-bay isn't always what it seems. My brother-in-law dealt with a biz that actually required him to leave positive feedback on e-bay BEFORE the product was ever sent to him. With such a practice, they would be assured of all the "positive" feedback that they would ever need. I don't know how recent that was, nor if such practices are still allowed on e-bay. But this is what he recently told me FWIW. Just something to consider. Happy head hunting. ;)

·
Registered
14,243 Posts
The heli-coiling is a good thing IMO for threads in an alum head, all my threads in my GMPP/Eddy heads were heli-coiled.

I think what Rod is refferring to is that one port looks oval the other looks more "roval".

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
Bad eiditing is all.

Before I knew any better about what to look for on those heads, I had purchased a set of the "rovals" from Skip White/Ebay. They had the heli coils in all threaded holes. They had very nice hardware. Just they were as light as my AFR sbc heads.

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
He sold them and got the AFR's! ;)
YES I DID!!!

Paul,

IMHO, for a good street bruiser or FT cammed application, they would be nice, but only if all the valve seats, rocker stud angles, valve guides, etc. check out. That would be the tricky hard part, getting a set that would check out maybe?.

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Three of us close friends work on our cars together as a team in a shop in the country.
Without the funds to keep up with us my friend asked me to set him upon a budget...........a real tight one. For a total of $1500 we will be changing his heads (procomp rec), cam (294S), intake (edelbrock air gap) & headers (2" hookers).. We sent the heads to our shop and he said there were no issues after checking them out. I don't believe they would be great race heads but for the street up to 600 lift they = good value. Any more lift and the bosses may not hold. Good for the street kinda heads with the odd TNT at the track. No doubt.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
I have a question. Has anyone heard of any issues with these or other "lightweight" casting aluminum heads as far as the spring pockets or decks? I read lots of folks voicing concerns, but have not read any first hand failures or problems. As a matter of fact, seems like almost everything I hear from people who have them has been positive. Any stories you guys have heard?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts