Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've noticed that the left rear side of my elky is lower than the rest of the car. and then today i noticed a noise that seemed to be coming from there and sounded like somebody was rubbing a stick against the spokes of a moving bike tire. i think these problems are probably related, what do you guys think it could be?

------------------
Derek Ohlgren

68 El Camino w/ 307
Hugger Orange, beautiful color.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Not that this is the casue so dont be scared, but, I had this happen on my velle and turned out to be that the top rung of the spring had snapped but didnt fall out. The spring (original) had now dropped by one rung and became unseated, which obviously led to the left rear sitting about two inches lower. The ride was hindered and was more noticeable than just a sound. Does anything, suspension wise LOOK amiss? I mean visibky out of whack or is it just the noise and the ride height?

[This message has been edited by Midnight Marauder (edited 09-19-2001).]

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hescop:
This is common. New rear springs don't cost very much.

It's kind of like me, now that I'm in my 30's I'm starting to droop and lean to one side. I wonder if I can get my springs replaced?

Paul
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahaha, thats why I had to get a tatto on my left shoulder. Had one on the right and I was walking lopsided. Got the one on the left and now everything is kosher.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i'll give it a visible check. if springs are cheap and easy then maybe i should hope that's what it is.

------------------
Derek Ohlgren

68 El Camino w/ 307
Hugger Orange, beautiful color.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.