Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
I've been fighting a cold start flooding problem.(choke is OK) I thought it was my 750 with the problem but since then I changed to my 625 and it is doing the same thing now. It acts like the floats are sticking open and I get an huge amont of gas pouring out of the carb while cranking.

I've cleaned both the carbs and see no reason that gas would be leaking past the needle seats. I'm running a high volume TRW fuel pump but it's been on engine for 3 years now. Got any ideas?
Bill

------------------
Long time Chevelle fan and an owner since 1973 :)

·
Registered
339 Posts
Bill; Have someone start the car while you peck on the carb with a screwdriver handle. Sometimes the vibration will loosen up the float. If it doesn't flood, I'd guess the float is binding somehow. Pretty unusual. tom

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Is your needle n seat good? could be this,also I had a carb that would drip gas while parked, replaced the needle and seat,and and the float,set the float and it fixed it. hope this helps ya out 65rat member #199

·
Registered
150 Posts
My 625AFB does exactly this same thing. Usually if I don't pump it it will fire and run fine after that. If not I have to sit and wait a while. The one on my truck has never done this though and it has seen almost 7000 miles compaired to the cars only have about a third of that. Still havent figured it out.

------------------
JT
71 SS 350 soon to be Vortec 355 then a 454
www.angelfire.com/co/KellyMotorsports

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.