Team Chevelle banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I got a set of edelbrock no-hop bars to get rid of my wheel hop. after much difficulty i was able to remove the upper control arm bushing from the top of the rearend. But after i put the no hop bar in there is no way that the upper control arm is lining up with the new bushing on the no hop bar. Is there a way to maybe jack up the rear end pinion to change the angle of the rear end or any other way to muscle them in without adjustable control arms? And if I have to get adjustable upper control arms, will they for sure line up and go in then? And what are the cheapest adjustable control arms that will work and where could i get them?
Thank you all so much. This project has just gotten too drawn out and im very frustrated and don't have money to spare right now so any advice would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
7,729 Posts
I had the same problem on a customer's car installing the No- Hop bars. After pounding the upper bushing out of the ears on the rear-end, I installed these bars. Then when I was trying to bolt the upper control arms to the No-Hops it was hell. I finally got them bolted in with lots of effort, then the pinion angle looked not right. Then we spent so more money on some adjustable uppers, Edelbrock also to get the pinion angle corrected.

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Had the same problem. The uppers when connected will pull the rear end up and the pinion angle will be way off. Plus the rubber brake hose was pulling becasue there was no room.

I bought the Edlbrock adjustable uppers and they work fine. Still had to adjust those all the way in to get the pinion angle right.

Wheel hop is gone. Question in other threads has been that if you have to buy the adjustable uppers, then you might not need the no-hops. I have both now and all is well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts