Chevelles.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any advice on a pro touring kit? Looking for the best bang for the buck. I've seen the CPP and the Matt's Classic Bowties kits, and would like a review or two from someone. I hear Global West, Hotchkis and Art Morrison are good quality but expensive. Any information on ride quality and preformance, as well as ease of install, will be greatly appreciated.

·
Vendor
1,450 Posts

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
I know ridetech and UMI make good stuff, I only have their rear control arms but they at least feel like quality parts. A reasonable amount of ridetech hardware on my car as well and so far I've been generally happy with the fit and finish of the hard parts. Their tech line has been pretty helpful as well. From casual ready people don't seem to love CPP, I think their stuff is made overseas, surely someone will correct that statement if it is wrong. Sadly my car is garage-bound for a while longer and so I cannot comment on the ride. Maybe one day...
For what it's worth someone from UMI posts a lot here and several ridetech guys post a lot over on pro-touring.com, doesn't mean the parts are good but it sort of puts a face on the brand.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Hey Eric,

I usually ask a few questions before I make any suggestions to determine the best possible bang for the buck.

I think many guys spend more than they need or will use. I pride myself in asking as many questions as possible before making a decision on what is best for the customers hard earned money.

First question is what do you have for goals for the car once it is done? Is it going to be a factory restoration, daily driver/weekend cruiser, weekend warrior/drag car, Pro-Touring/handling machine, etc.

Second question is do you need and/or plan to improve the braking & steering systems to compliment any suspension upgrades?

Third question is do you have a specific budget in mind?

Lastly, do you plan to do the work yourself?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts