Team Chevelle banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a while back asking which carbs. to get for my boss's 600 Hemi Ford, since it a little out or league in terms of tuning. We first called Pro Systems and they actually recommended two 1050's. Next we called Quick Fuel and without telling them what Pro Systems said, they recommend the same thing! Do you guys have any preference on who builds the carbs? There is about a $400 price difference. Thanks

· Registered
122 Posts
19Nova72 said:
I posted a while back asking which carbs. to get for my boss's 600 Hemi Ford, since it a little out or league in terms of tuning. We first called Pro Systems and they actually recommended two 1050's. Next we called Quick Fuel and without telling them what Pro Systems said, they recommend the same thing! Do you guys have any preference on who builds the carbs? There is about a $400 price difference. Thanks
I have no experience with quickfuel - I have purchased three carbs from Patrick at Pro Systems, and have a friend who has twin dominators and they all ran PERFECT. Check his website and all the records his customers have set. $400 difference isn't much as a percentage if you are saying TWO carbs plus (I am assuming) a sheetmetal manifold.

· Vendor
9,486 Posts
Lance Patton is who I use. Lance was at Reed for many years and has forgot more about carbs then most will ever learn. His number is 678 984 0106 and tell him Chris Straub sent you. Most don't know this but John Reed and Reed Carbs was one of the innovators in this area.

· Registered
3,015 Posts
Nothing for or against anyone. Patrick is one of the nicest and most helpful people anywhere in the industry. The Quick Fuel people are ex Holley engineers and have a first hand knowledge of their internal workings of their carburetors. Niether of the two tuner carbs i have bought from two highly advertised people have worked right. Other people have had great results from both places but our cars just didn't like either carburetor. I've know a man who got a pair of carbs. to use on a tunnel ram and they worked perfectly, even the idling was right on and they were done by Quick Fuel. That being said, the stock Dominators have worked best on my son's car and it wasn't even close.

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cstraub said:
Lance Patton is who I use. Lance was at Reed for many years and has forgot more about carbs then most will ever learn. His number is 678 984 0106 and tell him Chris Straub sent you. Most don't know this but John Reed and Reed Carbs was one of the innovators in this area.
Chris, you guys actually custom built the oil pan for this motor. The truck is a '61 Ford, but it has a Chevelle front clip so the pan had Ford rails, but a Chevelle base. That was a nice piece, its even polished now! I'll tell my boss to give Lance a call, thanks.

· Vendor
9,486 Posts
19Nova72 said:
Chris, you guys actually custom built the oil pan for this motor. The truck is a '61 Ford, but it has a Chevelle front clip so the pan had Ford rails, but a Chevelle base. That was a nice piece, its even polished now! I'll tell my boss to give Lance a call, thanks.

Thanks, we appreciate the support. People ask us can we build. . .and I have learned from Joe, the owner, "We'll build whatever you want to fit what you want." Glad you liked the pan. Lance can handle what you need.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts