Team Chevelle banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am installing a ss dash in my chevelle and I need to know do the little porcelain insulators go on the dash housing. Do they go under the pcb with the copper strip facing up or do they go down facing the housing? Any info would be greatly appreciated thanks

My last post didnt sound right. On the gauge housing behind the temp gauge and fuel gaugs are 2 rectangular porcelain insulators. Does anybody know do they mount with the copper strip facing up towards the pcb or down towards the gauge housing? thanks

[ 12-20-2003, 11:28 AM: Message edited by: John_Muha ]

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Sorry not sure which way they go in on the SS gage set-up. What you are describing is the calibration resistors that go across the gages. The colored area goes away from the gage. That's the resistor. It does need to connect well with the gage terminals. Otherwise on the fuel gage the reading acts a little strange. Something like always being a 1/4 tank off of a true reading.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by John_Muha:
Sorry not sure which way they go in on the SS gage set-up. What you are describing is the calibration resistors that go across the gages. The colored area goes away from the gage. That's the resistor. It does need to connect well with the gage terminals. Otherwise on the fuel gage the reading acts a little strange. Something like always being a 1/4 tank off of a true reading.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts