Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever accidentally gotten primer on the side of their tire and know a good way to get it off .
thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
If it`s not a 2 part primer, laquer thinner or acetone will take it off. If it is a 2 part and it`s fresh (day or two) it should come off. If that dont work, let me know what kind of primer it is cause I want some!

------------------

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have concerns on using WD-40 on rubber won't it start the cracking early? I would try soaking it with silicone and leting it set a short time and scrubing it off with soap and water and a brush.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not really concerned about the tires , their not exactly new but, It does'nt look to good driving around with a big patch of primer on your tires.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Use some Laquer Thinner on a rag. Soak the rag fairly well with the thinner, and the primer will wipe off, be careful not to touch any other areas with the rag! Also be sure not to leave the rag laying around when you are through, it will destroy paint or plastic chrome items
J.R

·
Registered
101 Posts
Use "tire buffer" a product that the tire stores use for cleaning up before use a tire patch on the inside of the tire.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the help, I tried wd-40 and let it sit on the tire for a couple of hours and then sprayedsome more on later. I used a green scratch pad and a little pressure and it came right off.
thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.